Billed as the “ultimate romantic comedy”, Love Actually is one of the films we watch intentionally or unintentionally with popcorn/mulled wine/hot chocolate around Christmas. At the very least it will be on in the background once this festive season, I bet my baubles.
Ponderings/reasons we love it…
- We’ve all experienced that opening airport moment where the feeling of joy/sadness/belonging soars above and beyond most normal moment
- Prompts you to wonder, a) what is Martine McCutcheon up to now?
- b) how the little lovesick boy got so tall and how he ended up on Game of Thrones?
- A moping Liam Neeson in cosy, long, sleeve GAP tops
- Why does Darcy get cheated on by a fluey, half-naked wife-vixen?
- Where do Emma Thompson & Liam Neeson find those beautiful, homely, food and flower-filled London homes?
- Colin Firth makes running away from reality/your problems to a foreign country OK
- When Colin Firth is in France and the lady who welcomes him says:
“She cannot speak French, just like you” – Erasmus Flashback
- Haven’t we all accidentally done the awkward double-palm, grin wave that Hugh Grant bestows upon inconvenient colleague crush Martine in an effort to flirt?
- When Liam Neeson casually meets Claudia Schiffer in the school corridor after the Nativity play – make mental note to be yummy mummy